The Loudoun County Board of Supervisors is committed to creating a business-friendly environment that encourages commercial growth. An important component of business growth is encouraging and assisting commercial development opportunities that enhance the tax base.
The Fast-Track Commercial Incentive Program is designed to streamline the development process, provide process certainty, reduce approval times and provide a central point of contact.
Fast Track is available for targeted industries including information communication technology, federal government contracting agencies, aerospace and airport supportive businesses, and projects supporting those industry groups. Other commercial projects meeting the criteria may also be considered.
- Projects that have an appropriately zoned site that is controlled by the applicant.
- Projects must have a defined project team with a single point of contact.
- Projects must present a proposed timeline for review with a county team.
Project Estimated Economic Impact
- Estimated project investments including land, building and interior improvements must be provided.
- Job creation estimates.
- Must build the project upon receiving county approval.
- Participation in debriefing sessions following county approval.
- Participation in the promotion of process upon approval.
- Dedicated Project Manager: A project manager from Economic Development will be assigned as a main contact and will facilitate movement through the county development process.
- Top of the List: County reviewing agencies will move the project to the head of review lines for the entire development review process.
- Special Review Team: Representatives from county review agencies will be identified by the Department of Economic Development project manager and work as a team to ensure consistency and good communication, from project start to completion.
- Aggressive Timelines: The county project manager works with the applicant to establish a review process that meets agreed upon timelines.
Prospective Fast Track applicants should contact George Hoddinott to determine if their project qualifies. After determining the criteria are met and completing the Fast Track application form, Economic Development will submit the request to the Office of the County Administrator, who has final approval of the application.
Success = Achievement of 100 Percent of Final Negotiated Timelines