With global pandemics and aging populations, the world needs innovative health solutions now more than ever. Whether your business is powered by data analytics, AI, or machine learning, you need the right connections and room to grow.
In Loudoun County, Va., you can locate your health IT enterprise near the heart of the federal government, leveraging our high concentration of scientific brainpower, connected through the backbone of the world’s largest data center hub.
- 448,413 tech-centered employment in the region (Cyberstates, 2020);
- 68,306 software and web developers
- 41,795 systems and cybersecurity analysts
- 35,246 network architects
- 92,964 life science workers in the region (Bureau of Labor and Statistics)
- Talent Magnets: Home to Howard Hughes Medical Institute’s Janelia Research Campus and George Washington University’s Virginia Science & Technology Campus; within one hour’s drive of Virginia Tech, George Mason University, GWU’s D.C. Campus, Georgetown University and Johns Hopkins;
- Top Dollar: Within one hour’s drive of NIH, FDA, CDC and other top customers and regulatory bodies.
Loudoun County is located 25 miles from downtown Washington, D.C., giving your business access to an existing regional workforce of more than 3.4 million professionals. To give you better access to talent, Loudoun is midway through a $1.26 billion road improvement process and is expanding public transit services to augment the arrival of four D.C. Metro Silver Line stations serving Loudoun in 2021.
Locating in Loudoun gives your business talent recruiting access to industry leaders already working for top federal agencies, research institutions and think tanks. Loudoun boasts one of the most educated workforces in the country, with more than 60% of the labor pool possessing a bachelor’s degree or higher. Proximity to Maryland’s biotech and pharmaceutical sectors provide skilled health IT workforce and business partnership opportunities as you expand.
Amazon Effect: Amazon’s decision to locate HQ2 in Northern Virginia brought with it a commitment from the commonwealth to build a robust talent pipeline from tech industries. Working with a consortium of 11 universities, Virginia has invested in the tech talent pipeline to create 31,000 new computer science graduates over the next 20 years, predominantly in Northern Virginia.
Relocating to the region? Once you locate in Loudoun, your workforce can enjoy a quality of life as diverse as their interests. Loudoun County offers a continuum of housing from entry-level workers through executive housing. There is also a wide variety of housing options, from amenity-rich, walkable urban environments to pristine farmland and wine county, all within 15 miles of your office location. Looking for top schools? Loudoun County Public Schools rank in the top 5% of U.S. schools, earning an A+ grade from Niche.com in preparing students for college.
Building a global workforce? Loudoun is home to Dulles International Airport, giving your business daily, non-stop access to more than 50 world capitals for travel and cargo. Loudoun has become an international oasis, with one-in-four residents born outside of the U.S. More than 30% of Loudoun residents are also speakers of a non-English language, making your entry into the community feel like home, faster.
Wired for Your Success
Loudoun County is home to the world’s greatest concentration of data centers. With the presence of every major cloud provider, more than 18 million square feet of data centers, ultra-high-speed, high bandwidth fiber, and state-of-the-art, cloud-based AI and machine learning hardware, there is no other location that offers compute capability and data analytics like Loudoun. And the infrastructure continues to grow, making the compute capability utterly scalable and always state-of-the-art.
What does this mean for health IT and data analytics firms? Ten terabits to 30 terabits of data per second – this is the compute speed you get in Loudoun’s Data Center Alley. The fiber running through Loudoun County acts as a superhighway with off and on-ramps at every data center and every cloud provider. By connecting to the existing infrastructure, companies can do data analytics within seconds and minutes, in real-time, and on massive, diffuse data sets. In addition, an entity with an existing data center in Loudoun can connect to it directly with a dedicated fiber “lane,” all at 10-30 Tbps.
With You Every Step of the Way
Loudoun Economic Development is a full-service economic development organization, which is like adding growth specialists to your business team.
Strategic Partnerships and Introductions: Mollie Eversburg is our health IT expert, who has forged relationships with leading scientific institutions, association leaders, cloud providers, and local companies in this field. Utilize her connections to help your company integrate seamlessly into the professional community.
Work with us to leverage personalized ombudsman services for real estate, permitting and process navigation, and workforce development—all at no cost to you. Mollie will make connections to help you:
- Locate In Loudoun: Kevin Welch is our real estate intelligence manager and will pull available land and building reports that meet your business needs and specifications.
- Navigate the Process: Katy Lowitz can work with you on any zoning and permitting questions, as well as helping you navigate the county’s process to open your business. She is also the administrator of our Fast-Track Commercial Incentive Program, which can shorten the development process by up to 75% for qualifying projects.
- Develop Your Workforce: Nancy Evanko is our workforce development and is a dedicated resource for talent development. Whether your team needs help with workforce attraction, retention or upskilling, she can provide the introductions and access to resources to keep up with your growth plans.
Loudoun Health IT News
“With continued support from Loudoun County...it is a great place for a transformative vision-driven business like ours to thrive."Krish R. KrishnanCEO, Zasti Inc.
"There are so many compelling reasons why Loudoun County is the perfect place to grow and scale a tech company — we have some of the brightest minds, and the surrounding areas boast many of the country’s most prestigious universities and academics."Jeff WhiteFounder and CEO, Gravy Analytics