Health Care in Loudoun
Loudoun County is the healthiest county in Virginia, and 12 percent of Loudoun employees work in the health care industry. Loudoun residents are served by a wide range of robust medical assets, including:
- Inova Loudoun Hospital, a 183-bed nationally recognized, acute-care community hospital complemented by services offered in Leesburg, Dulles South, Ashburn and Purcellville. The Leapfrog Group has given them a safety score of straights A’s since 2012, and iVantage named them a “Top 100 Hospital” with their Healthstrong Award.
- StoneSprings Hospital Center, a 124-bed acute care medical and surgical hospital, is a member of the largest hospital chain America, which operates more than 160 hospitals across the U.S. and England. StoneSprings is expected to generate $2.1 million in local taxes to fund community services.
- HealthWorks of Northern Virginia, a community health center that offers primary health care, dental care and behavioral health services to residents with limited/no health insurance.
- The Loudoun County Health Department, which provides family planning; Women, Infants and Children nutritional services; pediatric dental care and vaccinations to low-income residents.
- The Loudoun Free Clinic, which gives free medical care to uninsured residents with low incomes.