- This event has passed.
Scaling4Growth Information Session
September 27, 2019 @ 12:30 pm - 2:30 pm
Small Business Owners, would you like to go from Entrepreneur to CEO? Increase your revenue and create jobs? The Virginia Department of Small Business and Supplier Diversity is now accepting on line applications for NEW VIRGINIA: SCALING4GROWTH. This “StreetWise MBA” program is in partnership with Interise.org (Boston, MA)
Classes begin December 2019 and meet every other Thursday, through June 2020 in Hampton, Virginia. Although classes are every OTHER Thursday, EVERY Thursday is held for the six months. Average time spent on homework is approximately 3-5 hours per week. Opportunity open to Virginia-based businesses only and those who meet at least the minimum requirements. Classes will be held at the Ruppert Sargent Bldg. 1 Franklin Street, 1st Floor Conference Room, Hampton, Virginia 23669.
CLASS ATTENDANCE IS MANDATORY
NEW VIRGINIA: Scaling4Growth is Virginia’s brand of the Interise StreetWise MBA program. This six-month program is designed for business owners to learn how to scale their business by assessing their business model and becoming more efficient in areas of human resource, finance, social media, procurement and bank speak.
For consideration, small business owners MUST meet the minimum requirements:
– Must be a Virginia-based business
– In business at least three (3) years
– Revenue Between $250,000 and $10,000,000
– One other full time person working in the company besides the majority owner and able to run the company while the owner is away
– The majority owner is the participant (51% ownership or more); substitutes may NOT participate
– Certified as a SWaM (Small, Woman-owned, or Minority-owned) by the Virginia Department of Small Business and Supplier Diversity
– Willingness to complete all assignments on time