Department of Economic Development
Title: Small Business and Entrepreneurship Manager
Vanessa Wagner serves as Loudoun County’s small business and entrepreneurship manager, focusing on supporting small businesses and growing the entrepreneur ecosystem in Loudoun. She comes to the department with more than 10 years of marketing and program development experience with small business and international organizations.
Wagner currently works with the following groups and associations:
- Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce
- Small Business Committee
- Loudoun Tech Coalition, Chair
- Mason Enterprise Center-Loudoun advisory committee
- 1 Million Cups LCV organizer
- Startup Grind DC community organizer
- Loudoun Tech Startups organizer
- Young Entrepreneurs Academy-Loudoun instructor and executive committee member
A Buffalo native, Wagner holds a bachelor’s degree in communication from The State University at Buffalo. She has lived in Loudoun in 2008 and has been actively engaged in the small business and non-profit community.