Ideas are everywhere. Successful entrepreneurs know that not every idea is a good business opportunity. Before you bet the ranch on your idea, take the time to research who will buy your product or service and what competition you will face.
- The Assumptions Exercise from the book, “Talking to Humans” by Giff Constable can help an entrepreneur better understand their customers and create experiments to test their assumptions.
- Answer these 14 questions to determine your RAMP: return on investment, advantages, market and potential.
- The Small Business Administration (SBA) provides a checklist to start and run a business.
- Entrepreneur Magazine presents a concise summary of the pros and cons of Buying a Franchise.
- The SBA also provides information on Buying an Existing Business.