Rural Business Educational Resources
Get the latest information and business interruption training from state, local and national partners and agencies.
Looking for a comprehensive list of Loudoun business resources? Click below:All COVID-19 Business Resources
5.21.2020 – Loudoun County Farm Bureau announced that they will be distributing up to two grants, each up to $5,000, to farmer(s) in Loudoun County who are offering innovative solutions in one of two categories: 1) On-farm projects designed to improve the position of local producers. 2) General programs and/or projects to improve the position of local producers and Loudoun’s agriculture industry. Click here for additional information and application for this year’s grant.
4.13.2020 – VDACS provides official guidance for farmers markets. Read the full statement here.
4.8.2020 -USDA Rural Development Deputy Under Secretary Bette Brand today announced that USDA is expanding servicing options for guaranteed lenders due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Read the full stakeholder announcement here.
3.23.2020 – Virginia Farm Bureau has created a brief survey for you to share questions, problems, or concerns that you are dealing with in your farming operation as a result of the changing restrictions.
Tool Kits and Documents
- COVID-19 Federal Rural Resource Guide is the USDA’s resource matrix which organizes funding opportunities identified in the CARES Act and other federal resources that can help support rural America.
- USDA will begin taking applications for CFAP on May 26. Visit the USDA Coronavirus Food Assistance Program page to learn more about which crops qualify and find the 6 links to forms you’ll need to have ready for your application. The FSA/NRCS “Find Your Local Service Center” tool is also located at the bottom of the page.
- Consumer delivery permits are available for certain alcoholic beverage licensees and producers from the Virginia ABC at no additional cost. Virginia Farm Wineries and Winery licensees can now request delivery permits via email.
- The Virginia Wineries Association and the Virginia Craft Brewers Guild are both offering online resources and updates for their industry partners.
- Develop a clear and organized communication plan to help navigate decisions for special events during a crisis with tips from CellarPass here.
- Loudoun Water’s Engineering Customer Service Counter statement.
- Virginia Cooperative Extension provides steps for markets and market managers.
- Virginia Cooperative Extension offers COVID-19 resources.
- Virginia Wine has set up a Virtual Events event type on their site. Wineries are encouraged to promote upcoming virtual events by logging in to their account on virginiawine.org.
Upcoming Live Webinars
Events for August 2020 › Webinars
Events Search and Views Navigation
- No matching events listed under Webinars. Please try viewing the full calendar for a complete list of events.
Calendar of Events
On-Demand Webinars and Podcasts
- 3 Keys in a Crisis w/ John Riordan. Hosted by Loudoun County Chamber. Watch here.
- Contracts & Insurance, Financial Assistance Updates. Hosted by Visit Loudoun:
- COVID 19 Webinar with Congresswoman Jennifer Wexton. Hosted by Visit Loudoun:
- COVID-19 Information, Mitigation Efforts & Resources. Hosted by Visit Loudoun:
- Social Communication Tips During COVID-19 Crisis. Hosted by Visit Loudoun: