We’ll see you there!
WHEN: October 5, 2018, 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
WHERE: Northern Virginia Community College
Loudoun Campus, Higher Education Center
21200 Campus Dr.
Sterling, Va. 20164
Free lunch will be provided for event attendees.
According to the National Association of Manufacturers, over the next decade, nearly 3.5 million manufacturing jobs will need to be filled. On October 5, Loudoun Economic Development seeks to bridge the gap between our region’s talent pipeline and local companies that are creating physical technologies used across the globe.
Hosted on National Manufacturing Day, attendees will have the opportunity to interact with Loudoun-based firms that are creating specialized technologies and educational programs that are inspiring our talent pipeline to explore careers in these industries.
Who should attend?
- Manufacturing companies to meet like-minded local firms and connect with potential talent for internships and career opportunities
- Students and Educational Institutes to connect with organizations seeking to hire engineers, machinists, and other careers related to highly specialized manufacturing
- Makers and enthusiasts to explore opportunities to leverage your talents in building this exciting industry in the region
Enjoy mini-presentations from the following confirmed special guests:
- Sean Mallon, AVP for Entrepreneurship and Innovation at George Mason University
- Patrick Scannell, Founder of Makersmiths and Technestar
- David MacDonald, Senior VP Global Operations at K2M Inc.
Learn what Loudoun companies are working on, with demo tables from: