Loudoun County has created a grant fund of $6,000,000 to support the tourism industry in general and hotels and registered bed and breakfasts in particular by providing grants of $1,000 per hotel room up to a maximum of $250,000 to any eligible applicant who fully completes the application process and is certified by the review team.
Watch a recorded webinar from Visit Loudoun and Loudoun Economic Development for additional details about the application process.
- Eligible facility must be licensed and operating in Loudoun County and be in good standing with the County or the incorporated town where the facility is located.
- Eligible facility must have been in operation prior to March 1, 2020.
- Eligible facility must be a provider of accommodations as defined by Virginia code § 58.1-3819 and subject to Loudoun’s Transit Occupancy Tax.
- Eligible facility must have at least 10 sleeping rooms, except as provide below.
- A facility may qualify with fewer than 10 rooms if it has a valid zoning permit as a B&B Homestay, a B&B Inn or a Country Inn and is subject to and compliant with all Transit Occupancy Tax requirements as of the opening of the application period.
- Eligible facility must show a reduction of 25% of revenues due to the pandemic from March 1, 2020 to present.
- Eligible facility must be open to the public or commit to being open as of August 1, 2021.
- Short-term residential rentals not within the requirements listed above are not eligible for this program.
The fund will open for applications in the upcoming weeks. Click here to sign up for a notification email when the application opens.
If you operate a business outside of the tourism industry, click here to stay updated on potential future funding opportunities and review our Funding & Competitions page for Loudoun small businesses.
Details on Permitted Use:
Permitted Use of Hotel Relief Grant Fund:
- General operating expenses such as rent, payroll, job training, taxes, debt service, etc.
- Purchase of PPE, sanitation services and equipment or other COVID-19 related costs.
Non-Permitted Use of Hotel Relief Grant Fund
- Purchase of non-related equipment or infrastructure improvements.
- Technology upgrades