The Loudoun County Business Recovery & Reinvention Grant (BRRG) is designed to fund innovative solutions to accelerate business growth for companies that have needed to pivot in the wake of the ongoing COVID-19 crisis. Loudoun County will provide grants of up to $50,000 to help enable companies to make a change to their business model, adopt new technologies or practices, or otherwise reinvent their business to cope with the economic and/or public health requirements and challenges during the pandemic.
BRRG applicants were required to demonstrate the following criteria:
- Licensed and operational for-profit business in Loudoun County
- Operational prior to March 1, 2020
- Currently open and operating (Funds may NOT be used to restart a business closed during COVID-19)
- Commitment to maintain funded project within Loudoun County for a minimum of 2 years post-award
- 0-250 employees (no limit on 1099 contractors)
- Pre-Covid (March 1, 2020) revenue of at least $50,000 and no more than $8 million.
- Funds will only be distributed via ACH (If awarded the business must provide the Economic Development Authority additional banking forms for financial disbursement)
How were applications reviewed?
- All applications will undergo an administrative review for eligibility requirements. Any application that does not meet the minimum requirements will be disqualified at this stage. This includes:
- Any application for a business not licensed and in good standing with the County or the incorporated town at the time the application is received.
- Any business who has not demonstrated they meet the revenue requirements of a minimum of $50,000 and not exceeding $8 million
- Any business whose employee count exceeds 250 W2 employees
- Any business that has not clearly demonstrated the impact of COVID-19 on their business and how the requested project funding is in response to that impact.
- After the administrative review remaining applications will be assigned to a caller who will work with the applicant to get documents to support the projected project, remove any requested projects or items that do not meet the grant criteria and determine a final request amount and project plan.
- After the caller has signed off on the application it will go through a certification review. This process will score the applications based on the highest impact to the business and the county, will review how previous local, State, and Federal funding has been used by the business, and make a final determination on which applications will receive funding until all funds have been expended.
 EXAMPLE: If the $4,940,000 were divided by all $50,000 projects the total number of businesses funded would be 98.8. As with all previous County grant programs, remaining funds are returned to the County’s general ARPA funds and will NOT be distributed beyond the guidelines of this grant.
 Businesses who provide a list of projects where some are eligible and others are not will not be disqualified at this round, but are subject to a change to their proposal in the second review stage.
 Documents could include a more detailed budget, invoices or MOUs for purchases, but will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
The fund is now closed for applications. Selected grant recipients are listed below:
- Business names are spelled exactly as they were entered on the application form. No edits were made to the received applications.
- In the coming weeks, selected businesses will receive an additional email from our team that will have instructions for accepting the grant award before funds are disbursed.
- IMPORTANT: If your business was awarded a grant, please note that you may now begin purchasing those items that were approved for your grant request proof of purchase price documents. Please also note that you will be required to provide receipts that match the project as it was submitted and the total amount approved.
If you have any other questions, please email LoudounBiz@loudoun.gov.
|BRRG Application Number||Business Name as Listed on IRS Form W-9||DBA/Trade Name of Business (if Applicable)||Award Amount|
|22031||Auto Service Done Right, LLC||Stone Springs Auto Center||50000.00|
|22033||ResQ Enterprises, LLC||ResQ BBQ||50000.00|
|22036||Crooked Run Brewing, LLC||Crooked Run Fermenation||50000.00|
|22041||Loudoun Paving LLC.||44368.00|
|22042||Leesburg Investment II LLC||Comfort Suites||50000.00|
|22045||Waterford Reservations LLC||32699.98|
|22046||Sylvanside Farm, LLC||50000.00|
|22059||Fulfillment House, Inc.||Fulfillment House, Inc.||50000.00|
|22062||Capital Telecom Services LLC||50000.00|
|22063||TUCS LLC||Senor Ramon taqueria||50000.00|
|22064||Yum foods llc||Vino9 market||18000.00|
|22067||Ultimate Archery Virginia, LLC||9750.00|
|22068||LUVDONE INC.||The Conche||50000.00|
|22069||Bright Yeast Labs LLC||jasperyeast||50000.00|
|22072||Mount Defiance Cidery and Distillery, LLC||24000.00|
|22079||Skylark Innovations LLC||TrackMyShuttle||50000.00|
|22084||Salon Khouri Dulles LTD||Salon Khouri||34395.00|
|22086||Pavement Technical Solutions, Inc.||N/A||50000.00|
|22088||MacDowell Brew Kitchen LLC||MacDowell Brew Kitchen||50000.00|
|22090||WINE RESERVE LLC||WINE RESERVE AT WATERFORD||50000.00|
|22101||Notaviva Vineyards LLC||50000.00|
|22103||Speed and Technology Integrated||n/a||49945.00|
|22105||Loudoun Collision Center, Inc.||n/a||50000.00|
|22106||RUAMPHATTANAKIJ LLC||AIYARA THAI RESTAURANT||50000.00|
|22107||Clegg Chiropractic PC||20556.00|
|22110||Mama Luccis Pizzaria Inc||Mama Luccis Pizzaria Inc||50000.00|
|22111||Greenheart Wellness, LLC||50000.00|
|22116||Solace Brewing Company LLC||50000.00|
|22117||Donald C Wilson||Gruto's Soft Serve||50000.00|
|22118||StageCoach Theatre Company LLC||StageCoach Theatre Company LLC||50000.00|
|22121||T. White Parker Associates, Incorporated||T. White Parker||32000.00|
|22122||BLUE RIDGE GRILL III LLC||BLUE RIDGE GRILL||50000.00|
|22123||PMC Enterprises, LLC||Paige's Pit Stop||50000.00|
|22127||Summit Ropes LLC||Summit Ropes||50000.00|
|22129||Michelle Lindsay Photography LLC||N/a||13287.32|
|22134||Splendid BizSpaces, LLC||Leesburg Innovation||50000.00|
|22135||Anitas New Mexico Style Mexican Food Inc.||50000.00|
|22138||Claren LLC||Claren Solutions / Claren Menu||18760.00|
|22140||Dynasty Brewing Company||Dynasty Brewing Company||49836.00|
|22141||Loudoun County||Elite Formation Studio of Dance||50000.00|
|22146||Bram Froyo Inc||SweetFrog||11328.53|
|22147||Holly Heider Chapple Flowers||Hope Flower Farm||50000.00|
|22148||THE MARKETING MANAGEMENT GROUP INC||17952.00|
|22151||Bow Tie Strategies LLC||Bow Tie Strategies or Events by Bow Tie||28450.00|
|22159||Leesburg Brewing Company, LLC||Trungo's||50000.00|
|22160||Jennifer Merritts Massage Therapy||15799.00|
|22162||Evergreen Stores, Inc.||USA Market||50000.00|
|22163||Trinity House Cafe, LLC||50000.00|
|22176||B&T DC Inc||B&T Cleaners||50000.00|
|22179||Pizza Pizza LLC||Vocelli||49937.00|
|22184||Fun World LLC||The Zone||50000.00|
|22201||Rowley Consulting LLC||6673.94|
|22205||Southern Luxe Community Salons LLC||16266.40|
|22298||Williams Gap LLC||Williams Gap Vineyard||50000.00|
|22324||Spring House Farm, LLC||50000.00|
|22343||Long Stone Farm, LLC||50000.00|
|22344||Windham Winery||Doukenie Winery||41249.08|
|22394||SYCOLIN DELI LLC||SYCOLIN DELI||50000.00|
|22395||Har Group LLC||Har Group Division - Raheja Construction||50000.00|
|22398||DISCOUNT TAX SERVICE.INC||50000.00|
|22400||King Street Oyster Bar, LLC||King Street Oyster Bar||50000.00|
|22403||Purcellville Florist Inc||31051.00|
|22407||Fitness Image Results, LLC||50000.00|
|22409||Culinary Corner Essentials, LLC||Fleur De Cuisine||40568.00|
|22417||LabMD2, Inc.||AnyLabTestNow-Potomac Falls||50000.00|
|22432||Discount Aero Parts LLC||50000.00|
|22433||PICCADILLY CLEANERS INC||31285.33|
|22440||Integrative Counseling & Relationship Therapy, Inc.||7909.99|
|22443||Delirium Cafe LLC||Delirium Cafe||50000.00|
|22447||DSL Logistics Corp.||Craters & Freighters of Washington DC||50000.00|
|22460||Wali Limited, LLC||Paisano's Leesburg||50000.00|
|22461||Family Affair LLC||Uncle Dave's Kettle Korn||42674.02|
|22462||Habitat Foods Inc||Habitat Foods Inc||24296.77|
|22463||Shilos Design LLC||Scout & Molly's One Loudoun||6865.00|
|22477||New Wave Cleaning Services Inc.||48583.14|
|22486||M & J Enterprises, Inc.||Cedar Creek Farm||34328.00|
|22488||Yeon Corporation||Executive Cleaners (EC)||50000.00|
|22490||Ion International Training Center, LLC||Ion International Training Center||50000.00|
|22493||Sharp Line Cuts Barbershop llc||49935.37|
|22495||Ray A. Gibbs 3rd||Gibbs Painting||50000.00|
|22507||Hampton Roads Holdings, Inc.||Lost Creek Winery / Echelon Wine Bar||50000.00|
|22513||Purcellville Orthopedic Physical Therapy, LLC||49548.70|
|22524||Navigate Empower LLC||Navigate2Empower Coaching & Consulting||15000.00|
|22543||Evolution Food Group LLC||Market Table Bistro||50000.00|
|22546||Shamrock Music Shoppe LLC||25032.13|
|22562||Modern Mechanical, LLC||50000.00|
|22564||Potomac Falls Music||10000.00|
|22567||Seamless Recycling, LLC||50000.00|
|22600||ASHBURN S CORP||GOOD FORTUNE||41484.00|
|22615||MEDITERRANEAN BREEZE LLC||MEDITERRANEAN BREEZE||36206.00|
|22620||Green Tree Corporation||Green Tree / Old Town Grill||50000.00|
|22631||Cork and Keg Tours, LLC||Cork and Keg Tours||15187.82|
|22646||IQ Dispatch LLC||35000.00|
|22678||Notes n Beats LLC||50000.00|
|22679||Samskara Yoga & Healing LLC||49963.15|
|22680||Mr. Print of Middleburg, LLC||50000.00|
|22684||Citygate Films LLC||14950.85|
|22685||Amendment One Loudoun LLC||Loudoun Now||17427.61|
|22689||Lee Leonard Associates LLC||Pop Music Merch||11808.60|
|22698||La Palma, Inc||Tipicos Los Amigos Restaurant||50000.00|
|22700||RJs Deli & Stores LLC||RJs Deli & Stores LLC||20769.47|
|22714||Geopotential Consulting LLC||11990.00|
|22717||Sweet Signatures LLC||6990.00|
|22718||Ford's on Maine South Riding, LLC||Ford's Fish Shack South Riding||50000.00|
|22727||Silhouette Vineyards||868 Estate Vineyards||50000.00|
|22730||Cardinal Bakery, Inc.||Politano's Famous Breads||50000.00|
|22733||Loudoun Brewing Company, LLC||Loudoun Brewing Company||25000.00|
|22741||Black Hoof Brewing Company LLC||Black Hoof Brewing Co||50000.00|
|22750||Rasnake Holway LLC||The Corner Store||22073.13|
|22758||Campbell's Tree Service, Inc.||50000.00|
|22762||Foggy Mountain Pasta, LLC||47129.58|
Grant program timeline:
- Applications will be accepted on Wednesday, December 8, 2021 from noon until 3 p.m. ONLY.
- Any application not fully submitted into the portal at 3 p.m. will not be considered.
- Applications that were previously In Progress can be completed and submitted in this window,
- All eligibility requirements as previously stated are the same and all applications submitted on either December 1, 2021, during that open window or on December 8, 2021, during the 12-3 p.m. window will be considered using the review process listed below.
- This grant will NOT be administered using a lottery system and will only fund businesses which are certified and chosen for funding up to the allocated amount of $4.9 million.
- This grant will not be able to fund all applications that meet the eligibility requirements and will not be reallocated regardless of the total number of applications received.
- Awarded applications will be announced in early February.
A Message from Loudoun Economic Development Executive Director Buddy Rizer:
We wanted to provide this important update to all applicants of the Loudoun County Business Reinvestment and Recovery Fund. This $4.9 million-dollar fund was created by the Board of Supervisors as part of their ongoing efforts to support our business community as we work to reinvest, recover, and reinvent in the wake of the COVID 19 pandemic.
Across the two days the portal was open, we received 768 applications from businesses of all shapes, sizes, industries and locations across the county. The response to this opportunity was both exhilarating and humbling. The projects within those applications show the dedication of the Loudoun business community to resiliency, recovery and growth.
The team at the Department of Economic Development (DED) is working diligently to review every application. In addition to DED staff, the application review process includes reviews by the Commissioner of the Revenue, the Incorporated Towns, and other County staff. Because the response was so high, we want to make sure we take the necessary time to review applications, particularly in this first phase with care and concern for the effort made and the goals of the grant program.
Questions? Please call 1-800-LOUDOUN or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Previous Grant Programs
Frequently Asked Questions
I previously received CARES Act and/or ARPA funding from the county or my town. Am I eligible for this?
Yes. If you received general COVID-19 business relief funding from Loudoun County or its incorporated towns, you are eligible to apply for this as well.
Yes. The IRS considers business grants as revenue for tax purposes. The money from the grant should be included when calculating the business’s taxable income. If your business receives funding and still operates at a loss this year, then it will not have a taxable income because it operated at a loss.
This is a web-based form only. It is strongly encouraged that you use the latest browser version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox in order to apply. Applicants using Safari may have difficulty signing up.
Although the application can be completed on mobile devices, we recommend using a desktop computer for the best experience.
If you started an application and forgot your password, please click this link to have an email sent to you that will contain a link to reset your password: Forgot your password?
If you complete the application, including all required fields, press Submit and DO NOT see a confirmation message on the screen, then your application has not been successfully submitted. Please contact LoudounBiz@loudoun.gov and we will do our best to help.
If you do not have access to high-speed internet, please visit the parking lots of the Middleburg, Purcellville or Lovettsville libraries for access to free, high-speed internet.
Yes. The form allows users to save their progress and return later. However, applications will be considered in the order that they were received. Delaying the submission of an application could impact your consideration for receiving funding.
Yes, please create just one username and password for multiple businesses that you are applying for. Each business must have a separate Business Reinvestment and Recovery Grant Application under your account. You may only apply for one project per business, and each business must have a separate EIN or SSN.
While logged into the application portal, click the “+Add Another” to create a new Business Reinvestment and Recovery Grant Application attached to your Personal Profile.
Submitted information will be used to determine the eligibility of the business applicant. Additional communication with Loudoun County Government staff will be to verify the information provided.
Information submitted for this grant becomes public record and subject to requests in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act. We cannot exclude anyone’s submitted information from that process.
Once successfully submitted, applications will be reviewed to confirm eligibility on a rolling basis.
Loudoun Economic Development staff will contact you by phone or email if there are any clarifications needed during the review process.
After your application has been fully certified, it will be transferred to the Economic Development Authority for payment. At that time you will be asked to provide a W-9, ACH form and banking document (such as a voided check or bank letter) to complete the payment process.
Good standing is determined by the jurisdiction in which your business is located. Good standing can include, but is not limited to, having a valid business license and being in compliance with all other reporting and taxation requirements of that jurisdiction.
Businesses are encouraged to view the page using their browser’s translation tools and follow up with us at 1-800-LOUDOUN for more translation assistance.
In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act, Loudoun County Government is committed to ensuring that limited English proficient individuals have equal and meaningful access to county benefits and services. We utilize both phone interpretation services and written translation services when appropriate. Click here to view translation services information.
An operating expense is an expense required for the day-to-day functioning of a business. A capital expense is an expense a business incurs to create a benefit in the future. The BRRG will fund capital expenses of a business where that expense is in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on the individual business and/or industry of the business.
For purposes of the BRRG, revenue is the money that comes in to your business and expenses are the money you pay out.