There’s a story behind every Loudoun business, and we want to help you tell yours. Every week, we turn our @LoudounBiz Instagram account over to a Loudoun business to tell its #LoudounPossible story to the world.
What do we need from you?
Nothing! This is a free opportunity to market yourself to more than 2,800 followers in the Loudoun community. All that we ask is that you respect our community standards and have someone on your staff who is familiar with Instagram.
Businesses with an official Instagram account will benefit most from participating, so please launch yours before signing up.
What does a takeover look like?
You have control of the account from Tuesday to through Saturday, and we want one post (photo, multiple photos or videos) from you each day (Instagram pros can also try posting to the Stories and Live Video). Examples: Why did you locate in Loudoun? Who are your best clients? Teach us something (Your Industry 101)!
Take us through a week in your professional life, mixing in Loudoun lifestyle with your Loudoun business. Need inspiration? Choose from these categories:
- #TransformationTuesday: how has your business grown in Loudoun? Tell us what locating here as meant for your development.
- #TipTuesday: you’re an expert in your field, so show us how something is done!
- #TechTuesday: Loudoun is the home of the Internet. How do you interact with technology?
- #TravelTuesday: take us to the work site and show us what’s happening.
- #WorkforceWednesday: show us who you work with, introduce us to the team.
- #WellnessWednesday: what benefits does your business offer for employees/clients?
- #WednesdayWisdom: what is something that people don’t understand about your industry or business? Set the record straight!
- #ThrowbackThursday: take us back to the beginning of your company or highlight a major milestone from the past.
- #ThankfulThursday: what resources/companies/clients have helped make you a success?
- #FridayFact: share an important bit of information that is important to your business.
- #FearlessFriday: Tell us more about your success story and highlight some of the risks you or your team has taken to make it big.
- #FeelGoodFriday: everyone has a story. Share one from your business or team.
- #SmallBusinessSaturday: whether you are one or support others, show us how you interact with Loudoun’s 10,000 small businesses.
- #ShoutoutSaturday: highlight someone or something that you love about living/doing business in Loudoun.
We also ask that you help us write a blog to promote the takeover. Generally, we’re looking to fill the “Why Loudoun?” narrative, but please consult Brian Tinsman for details.
Here are some successful examples:
Before 2018 we did only one-day takeovers, but decided that good posts deserve more time. So we’re stretching it out to five days and suggesting these for inspiration:M80 Recording Studio Georges Mill Farm
Benefits and next steps:
Participating in a takeover is totally free and exposes you to thousands of other Loudoun businesses and consumers. If you want your Loudoun-based business to participate, here are the next steps:
- Email Brian Tinsman ASAP for a link to the online schedule. We schedule weeks and months in advance!
- Before your takeover, you’ll get a list of our social media policies and some suggestions for content.
- Promote your takeover on social media and we’ll do the same on our Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- On the day of the takeover, you’ll access the account and post directly to @LoudounBiz.
Telos empowers and protects ...
On Sept. 7, 1950, the Washington Airport Act was passed by Congress, paving the way for the first U.S. airport designed for commercial aviation. Just ...
Ara Bagdasarian, co-founder and CEO of Omnilert, shared his ...
The final link of Battlefield Parkway—a road project decades in the making—will open ...
The spot is taking over a former tapas restaurant on King Street.
They're calling it a school without walls, and ...
Top Golf Loudoun Biz Topgolf to ...