Go To Search
HomeEmail PagePrint PageRSSTwitterFacebook
Click to Home
Site Selection - Loudoun features a variety of buildings and land to meet your business needs.

Let Us Help You
Starting a Home-Based Business
Start your Home-Based Business

Are you starting a home-based business? If you're located within one of Loudoun's seven incorporated towns, contact them for all of your licenses and permits. If you're located elsewhere within the county, then you need to apply for a  one-time Home Occupation Permit from the Loudoun County Department of Building and Development.

If you have more questions about having a home-based business, be sure to consult the Loudoun County Zoning Ordinance. Section 5-400 covers home occupations. Many home-based businesses fall under the revised 1993 ordinance. If you're not sure which ordinance your property falls under, call the Zoning Hotline at 703-777-0118.

Quick Tip: Have an HOA? You must comply with your community's restrictive covenants, and, if required, get approval from the developer(s) and/or homeowners association.

Go to step 3