The Loudoun County Hotel Relief Grant Fund (“The Fund”) was approved by the board of Supervisors and is administered by the Economic Development Authority of Loudoun County, Virginia (EDA). Applications will be accepted starting on August 9, 2021 and remain open until funds have been expended. Winners will be selected on a first-come, first-served, rolling basis. The final list of those who received funding will be posted publicly after the funds have been expended.
In the event that an announced winner fails to satisfy any of the Terms & Conditions of the Fund or requirements of the American Rescue Plan Act, the Loudoun County Government and the Loudoun County Economic Development Authority reserve the right to withhold grant funding and/or to later check on how awarded funds were spent.
All materials submitted to The Fund will be treated as public records and subject to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) rules and regulations. If you have questions or concerns about this requirement please contact the Department of Economic Development at 1-800-LOUDOUN before submitting your application.
All businesses must demonstrate the following:
- Eligible facility must be licensed and operating in Loudoun County and be in good standing with the County or the incorporated town where the facility is located.
- Eligible facility must have been in operation prior to March 1, 2020.
- Eligible facility must be a provider of accommodations as defined by Virginia code § 58.1-3819 and subject to Loudoun’s Transit Occupancy Tax.
- Eligible facility must have at least 10 sleeping rooms, except as provide below.
- A facility may qualify with fewer than 10 rooms if it has a valid zoning permit as a B&B Homestay, a B&B Inn or a Country Inn and is subject to and compliant with all Transit Occupancy Tax requirements as of the opening of the application period.
- Eligible facility must show a reduction of 25% of revenues due to the pandemic from March 1, 2020 to present.
- Eligible facility must be open to the public as of August 1, 2021.
- Short-term residential rentals not within the requirements listed above are not eligible for this program.
- All businesses must accept payment as direct deposit. Paper checks will not be issued for this grant.
How to Enter
To apply for The Fund, please complete the application found here: LoudounBusinessFund.org
- Applicants will submit their online applications through The Fund website during the open application period. The application calls for contact information, business information, financial information and Fund certifications.
- County staff will screen applications for eligibility and either County staff of Visit Loudoun staff will reach out for follow-up if needed. Contact from a Loudoun County Government or Visit Loudoun staff member at this point does not guarantee your selection for a grant.
- Applicants that can verify that they meet the grant criteria will be funded until the available funds expire.
- All applicants will receive contact from Loudoun Economic Development to confirm their selection or non-selection.
- The EDA will disburse the funds to grant recipients on a rolling basis.
Terms & Conditions
- Application for The Fund constitutes an unconditional agreement to and acceptance of the Terms and Conditions. The Applicant is responsible for ensuring his or her familiarity with the Terms and Conditions.
- By submitting an application, the Applicant certifies that it is not under any agreement or restriction that prohibits or restricts its ability to disclose or submit the materials included in the application or otherwise to apply for The Fund.
- Applicants acknowledge and agree that information submitted by Applicants will be used in the promotion of The Fund and will be displayed on public webpage(s) showcasing selected businesses.
- In consideration of the time, expertise and other resources provided by the EDA, the Applicant, to the full extent permit by law, by submitting an application voluntarily releases the EDA and the County of Loudoun from any and all claims, actions, damages, costs or liabilities of any kind relating to or arising from or in connection with the awarding, advertising, receipt, and/or use or misuse of grant or participation in any Fund-related activities
To apply, please visit LoudounBusinessFund.org.