The Loudoun County Business Reinvestment and Recovery Grant (“The Fund”) was approved by the Board of Supervisors and is administered by the Economic Development Authority of Loudoun County, Virginia (EDA). Applications will be accepted starting on December 1, 2021 and remain open until funds have been expended. [Update 12/3/21: When we opened the application portal on December 1, we received an overwhelming response and had to close the portal. With that in mind, on December 8, 2021, at noon, we will reopen the Business Reinvestment and Recovery Grant application portal at LoudounBusinessFund.org. All applications must be fully completed and submitted by 3 p.m., in order to be considered.] Grantees will be selected on a first-come, first-served, rolling basis. The final list of those who received funding will be posted publicly after the funds have been expended.
In the event that an announced grantee fails to satisfy any of the Terms & Conditions of the Fund or requirements of the American Rescue Plan Act, the Loudoun County Government and/or the Loudoun County Economic Development Authority reserve the right to withhold grant funding and/or to require the grant recipient to repay to the County any funds that were not used for a proper purpose.
All materials submitted to The Fund will be treated as public records and subject to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) rules and regulations. If you have questions or concerns about this requirement please contact the Department of Economic Development at 1-800-LOUDOUN before submitting your application.
All businesses must demonstrate the following:
- Funds will be used in accordance with, and applicant will abide by all rules, regulations, timelines, and reporting requirements contained herein or contained within the rules of the American Rescue Plan Act
- All funds provided by the Business Recovery and Reinvention Grant will be used for the Loudoun County business identified in the approved application
- Funds will not be used for anything beyond the approved project described in the application
- Provide all necessary documents to ensure compliance with the Business Reinvestment and Recovery Grant and the American Rescue Plan Act
- Complete all after-award reporting requirements
Projects not completed as approved may be subject to refund requirements up to and including the full amount of the awarded grant.
How to Enter
To apply for The Fund, please complete the application found here: LoudounBusinessFund.org
- Applicants will submit their online applications through The Fund website during the open application period. The application calls for contact information, business information, financial information, project information, and Fund certifications.
- County staff will screen applications for eligibility and County staff will reach out for follow-up if needed. Contact from a Loudoun County Government staff member at this point does not guarantee selection for a grant.
- Applicants certified by the selection process will be funded until the available funds are exhausted.
- All applicants will be contacted by Loudoun Economic Development to confirm their selection or non-selection.
- The EDA will disburse the funds to grant recipients on a rolling basis.
Acknowledgments by Applicant
By submitting an application for The Fund:
- The Applicant unconditionally accepts all of the Terms and Conditions prescribed in this document, and the Applicant acknowledges that it is responsible for ensuring his or her familiarity with these Terms and Conditions.
- The Applicant certifies that it is not under any agreement or restriction that prohibits or restricts its ability to disclose or submit the materials included in the application or otherwise to apply for The Fund.
- The Applicant acknowledges and agrees that information submitted with its application will be used in the promotion of The Fund and will be displayed on public webpage(s) showcasing selected businesses.
- In consideration of the time, expertise and other resources provided by the EDA, the Applicant, to the full extent permitted by law, voluntarily releases the EDA and the County of Loudoun from any and all claims, actions, damages, costs or liabilities of any kind relating to or arising from or in connection with the awarding, advertising, receipt, and/or use or misuse of grant or participation in any Fund-related activities.
To apply, please visit LoudounBusinessFund.org.