The United States Department of Agriculture today announced that it is making an additional $35 million available this year in the Value-Added Producer Grant Program to support agricultural producers affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. This funding is made possible through the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021. In total, $76 million is available.
Also today, the Department is extending the application deadline to May 4, 2021. USDA originally opened the application window on Dec. 21, 2020, with an application due date of March 22, 2021.
The amended notice published today also reduces the matching requirement for applicants seeking the $35 million in COVID-19 relief funding.
Applicants are encouraged to start the application process now. Before you apply:
- request a Data Universal Number System (DUNS) number if your organization does not already have one; and
- register your organization with the System for Award Management (SAM) if you are not already
Application toolkits are available on the Value-Added Producer Grant program webpage. Applicants must follow requirements in both the original notice and the amended notice. For additional information on the amended notice, see page 12905 of the March 5, 2021, Federal Register.
Value-Added Producer Grants may be used to develop new products from raw agricultural products or to promote new markets for established products. Veterans, socially disadvantaged groups, beginning farmers and ranchers, operators of small- and medium-sized family farms and ranches, and farmer and rancher cooperatives are given special priority.
Thinking of starting or relocating your business in Loudoun County? We are a full-service economic development organization, dedicated to your #LoudounPossible business success. Working with us is like adding a team of no-cost specialists to your team, with expertise in the following areas:
- Site selection and real estate searches;
- Workforce development and pipeline support;
- Process and permit navigation;
- Fast-track and financial incentives;
- Marketing and communications outreach;
- Networking, resource and industry introductions.
Contact Chris Blosser today to launch your #LoudounPossible journey.