Welcome back! You’ve taken a much-needed summer vacation, and Labor Day is in the rearview mirror. Autumn is right around the corner.
Oh, and that new job you promised you were going to find? Well, it hasn’t happened yet. You’re still wasting hours commuting, which has been linked to poor physical and mental health. You deserve better.
You live in Loudoun County, where we want to help you find the dream job that you’ve been searching for. Did you know Loudoun has more than 12,000 employers, and that more than 32,000 available jobs were advertised in the last year alone?
If that’s not enough, occupations in Loudoun requiring either a graduate degree or certificate are projected to grow by more than 2 percent every year. If you’re part of the nearly 50 percent of Loudouners who leave the county for work every morning, there’s a good chance that you’re driving past your future job right now.
Find Your Next Job This Month
During Workforce Development Month, we’re working with employers and community partners to make finding a job easier than ever. But you have to take the plunge with two important tools:
- A resume that stands out, capturing your skills, accomplishments and long-term goals;
- A plan that includes these free community resources.
Job Prep Express 2019 on Sept. 7 at 8:30 a.m., at Northern Virginia Community College’s Loudoun Campus.
- Hear from industry experts in the education, healthcare, technology and data center operations fields;
- Get the latest job search and interview preparation tips during numerous breakout sessions. Topics include cross-cultural communication, interviewing skills, social media and networking, resume writing, leveraging career fairs and creating an elevator pitch;
- Mock interviews with real hiring managers.
Hire Loudoun Career Fair 2019 on Sept. 21 at 10 a.m., at Northern Virginia Community College’s Loudoun Campus.
Put your practice and new networking skills to good use at the county’s premier career fair, which is a partnership event among Loudoun Economic Development, Loudoun Chamber of Commerce, NVCC, Loudoun Workforce Resource Center and Virginia Career Works.
Dozens of Loudoun employers are signed up from across our top industries and will converge looking to meet YOU, their potential new employee. We’ll see you there!