Registration is now open for the 11th annual Forum for Rural Innovation. The forum will be held Friday, March 13, 2015, from 8:15 a.m. – 3:45 p.m. in Winchester, Virginia.
The purpose of the forum is to showcase new and exciting projects and programs that enhance farm or rural business profitability. The day will be filled with exhibits and panels, offering opportunities for networking and education. Hear how individual farms, businesses and universities are planning for agriculture. Also learn about growth in the cider, craft beer and spirits industries.
Topics of the day include:
- Venture Capital — Caesar Layton, Cultivate Ventures, Washington, D.C.
- 43,560 Project — Clifton Slade, Virginia State University Extension and Slade Farms, Surry, VA
- Malting — Rick Wasmund, Copper Fox Distillery, Sperryville, VA
- Specialty Grains — Dr. Carl Griffey, Virginia Tech, and Trent Tebee, Three Monkeys Farm, Leesburg, VA
- Farm Libations — Scott Harris, Catoctin Creek Distillery, Purcellville, VA; Rob Miller, Distillery Lane CiderWorks, Jefferson, MD; and Billie Clifton, Backroom Brewery, Middletown, VA
- Farm Liability — Brian Craddock, Lenhart Pettit
- Aquaponics — Dr. Ken Semmens, West Virginia University Extension, and Brian Tanguay, Tangy Produce, Shepherdstown, WV
The forum is open to the public, but space is limited to the first 150 registrants. The registration fee is $40; pre-registration is required by March 6, 2015. More details about speakers and registration are in our brochure.